Welcome To My World

Staci I Am.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

my "hiccup" in my mission papers

Last night while playing cards with the most amazing couple ever (brother and sister Ingersoll), I received a text from my sister Heidi telling me the stake president is trying to get a hold of me. I thought maybe he hadn't sent in my papers yet and still had some questions. Turns out.... he totally sent them in! ..... That is the good news! The bad news is I have not finished my papers; I have to take an evaluation with some counselor to make sure I'm all there in the head haha (I think that is my favorite part, so silly). I have to take it because of some of my past issues. When I turned 16 my young women leader gave me a picture that said "You are free to choose, but you are not free to alter the consequences of your decisions. -Ezra Taft Benson" Going through my 'rebelious' stage I never gave much thought to what that meant. I never cared for my consequences. Now I wish I would of been more careful and realized what the ripple effect would be. I may not regret the the things I did, but oh how I wish I can turn back time and change it. I guess this is the only step that needs to be finished before I receive my mission call! Hopefully this is my last hiccup. If everything goes well and fast I might get my call next week.... Wouldn't that be amazing?!


I just sit here in awe and think how far I have come in life; how much I have grown, and who I am becoming. How can you not look out the window and see the beautiful mountains, snow covered trees, the way the clouds make certain shapes, and not thank the Lord for his amazing creations? I get even more excited to know that I am not only able but also worthy to serve a mission and invite all to come unto Christ.

Until next time,
Staci


1 comment:

  1. that is awesome! I love the quote from Pres. Benson, well said!

    ReplyDelete