Welcome To My World

Staci I Am.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mission Call: New Hampshire Manchester Mission

As I wake up a couple times in the night on Wednesday the 8th, I would get so giddy that I would have to tell myself to calm down and go back to bed. This happened a couple of times. I just knew I was getting my call today. When my alarm clock went off at 7 am, I didn't feel like going to work. haha. Who would anyway? But unfortunately I had to go in.... So I get to work
and my attention span is as a 3 year old. I am pretty sure it was my least productive day in the history of working at Fishbowl. By the time 2 o'clock came I was jittery as can be. I happen to live in an unlucky neighborhood. My mail man doesn't come until 3pm! Naturally my day went by slow. My boss eventually just told me to leave and he didn't have to tell me that more than once. haha. As I'm driving home with my sister Heidi, we get a phone call from her husband saying my mom is walking up the drive way holding a letter in the air. Luckily we were only a couple blocks away. It took all of my energy to not force the speedometer to go higher.

(my real call below)
Can you believe that I didn't immediately run into my house screaming like a maniac? Well I think I might have. The funny thing is there were 2 white large envelopes that looked exactly the same and were both in my name. There was one problem... The 1st one was an insurance paper the 2nd one was my mission call. My mother thought it would be hilarious to give me the insurance paper and say it was my call. So I run into my house I grab on to my call and jump up and down. I was so confused because it didn't say it was from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That's when I realized my REAL call was sitting on the couch. I am pretty sure I punched my mom in the arm. haha. Isn't life just so great? I was so excited. I knew that I had my call and felt like I could wait now for a second and take in the moment while Heidi sets up the camera and my mom wakes up my dad. Don't you fret.... I did smell it! haha. I thought maybe I would be able to tell where I would be going. um.... That didn't work at all. Want to see my initial reaction? Well... YOU can :) because I am a genius and had Heidi record it. Watch below.



So there you have it! I have been called to New Hampshire Manchester Mission. The cool thing about this is, it covers 5 states. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and a little bit of Massachusetts and New York. I hear they eat a lot of seafood which will be a bit of a challenge but come on?! If that's all I have to worry about I will be fine! I am so grateful for this opportunity and for the experience and knowledge I will gain. I leave May 11th. That is only 2 months. I am so excited and so ready for this next step in my life to begin. It just feels so surreal that I have been called by my Heavenly Father to do His will and now I just have to wait to report to the MTC.

Life is soooo good!

until later,
Sister Huntsman

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! I love it!! I wish I recorded you punching mom haha. Woohoo!!! I'm gonna have a little missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you. Brother Strong was born in Limestone, Maine. You will love the Northeast. You will be an awesome missionary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci, I totally started to cry when I watched the video. I'm so flippin' excited for you! You are going to be great. You are such an awesome person.

    ReplyDelete